(Class of '98) Andréanne Morin - Olympic Silver Medal Winner
Andréanne Morin, Study alumna from the Class of 1998 and founding member of The Study's Sports Hall of Fame, won a silver medal as a member of the women's 8 rowing team for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London. Now a 3-time Olympian and 8-time National Team athlete, Andréanne has retired from Olympic competition to focus on her career.
Remarkably, Andréanne maintained her grueling training schedule while pursuing her degree in law at Université de Montréal - she will graduate in 2013 - and acting as an observer on the World Anti-Doping Agency's Athletic Committee. Her appointment with WADA was announced on December 2nd, and Andréanne is looking forward to making a contribution to the fight against doping in sport.
For more information, visit Andréanne's website and blog.
- London Olympic Games 2012: 2nd place (silver medal)
- Beijing Olympic Games 2008: 4th place
- Athens Olympic Games 2004: 7th place
- Bled, SL 2011: 2nd place (W8+)
- Karapiro, NZ 2010: 2nd place (W8+)
- Karapiro, NZ 2010: 5th place (W2-)
- Eton, GB 2006: 5th place (W8+)
- Milan, IT 2003: 3rd place (W8+)
- Lucerne, CH 2001: 7th place (W8+)