(Class of '98) AndrÃ©anne Morin - Olympic Silver Medal Winner
AndrÃ©anne Morin, Study alumna from the Class of 1998 and founding member of The Study's Sports Hall of Fame, won a silver medal as a member of the women's 8 rowing team for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London. Now a 3-time Olympian and 8-time National Team athlete, AndrÃ©anne has retired from Olympic competition to focus on her career.
Remarkably, AndrÃ©anne maintained her grueling training schedule while pursuing her degree in law at UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al â she will graduate in 2013 â and acting as an observer on the World Anti-Doping Agency's Athletic Committee. Her appointment with WADA was announced on December 2nd, and AndrÃ©anne is looking forward to making a contribution to the fight against doping in sport.
For more information, visit AndrÃ©anne's website and blog.
- London Olympic Games 2012:Â 2nd place (silver medal)
- Beijing Olympic Games 2008: 4th place
- Athens Olympic Games 2004: 7th place
- Bled, SL 2011: 2nd place (W8+)
- Karapiro, NZ 2010: 2nd place (W8+)
- Karapiro, NZ 2010: 5th place (W2-)
- Eton, GB 2006: 5th place (W8+)
- Milan, IT 2003: 3rd place (W8+)
- Lucerne, CH 2001: 7th place (W8+)