A culture of fitness & wellness
The Study’s Physical Education and Athletic program fosters a culture of fitness and wellness to help develop mind and body as well as cultivate participation, spirit and fun!
- We encourage this culture wholeheartedly. Not only is fitness key to a well-rounded education, but research shows regular physical activity enhances memory, improves cognition and problem-solving abilities and adds to a sense of overall well-being.
Our Physical Education program includes classes that range from gymnastics and Zumba to boxing and fencing. And our Athletics program provides opportunities that enable all Study students to increase their level of competency in a variety of individual and team sports in a competitive setting.
Athletics teachers and coaches pass on their ethics and beliefs to students that while skill level and game knowledge are important, so are attitude, effort, concentration, commitment and a willingness to learn.
- The Study’s athletes develop a sense of pride in winning, as well as a sense of fair play, good sportsmanship and compassion.
Interscholastic Athletics in Elementary School (Cycle 3:grades 5 & 6)
- Students in grades 5 & 6 have great opportunities to increase their level of competency in multiple competitive sports including soccer, mini-volleyball, hockey, basketball, cross country running and badminton.
Interscholastic Athletics in Senior School (grades 7 to 11)
- Competitive sports in senior school include soccer, volleyball, hockey, basketball, badminton, rowing, tennis, cross-country running, flag football, golf, swimming, ultimate frisbee, and track and field.
- Over 80 percent of senior school students participate in at least one interscholastic sport.
The Study is an active member of the Greater Montreal Athletics Association (GMAA), Montreal Independent Schools, Quebec Association of Independent Schools and Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS) leagues. A valuable benefit of our CAIS involvement is the opportunity Study girls have to compete in national athletic tournaments.